ELLE SERA BELLE by Ema

Pages

  • Home
  • About
  • Outfits
  • Recipes
  • Life
  • Tutorials
  • Contact
  • SHOP

Wednesday Homemade Kneaders French Toast Recipe


Kneaders Chunky Cinnamon French Toast, best Breakfast
When we lived in Utah, one of our favorite places to eat breakfast was Kneaders. They are very famous for their chunky cinnamon French toast as well as their other delicious breads and deserts. We would go there usually on Saturday mornings and kick off the weekend with a delicious breakfast. I was very sad when I found out that they don't have any locations in Seattle area. So Saturday mornings would come and go and I found myself daydreaming about those chunky cinnamon French toasts. I could almost taste them. And then I decided to take matters into my own hands and tried to find the magical recipe. It was then when I found out I wasn't the only one having those Saturday morning's cravings. I modified the recipe a little bit (my syrup is a little different) and I really liked it this way too.
So here is the famous recipe :)



Kneaders Chunky Cinnamon French Toast, best Breakfast
The Best Kneader's French Toast Recipe, Breakfast recipe

So here's the famous recipe:
Ingredients
French Toast
  • 1 loaf Chunky Cinnamon Bread, cut into 8 slices 
  • 8 eggs
  • 3 cups milk
  • 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
  • ¾ teaspoon salt
  • 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2 Tablespoons butter

Caramel Syrup
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 can of Condensed milk

Instructions

  1. For the french toast: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a shallow dish, mix eggs, milk, brown sugar, salt and vanilla. Dip each slice of bread into egg mixture and coat completely on each side. Place coated breads on a glass baking dish, cut butter into pieces and dot them on top of the chunks of bread. Bake them until lightly browned on each side. (If you are preparing this meal ahead, it is suggested that you place the coated breads in the fridge for a at least 1 hour or even overnight. But I didn't have time to leave it in the fridge for that long and it still turned out pretty good.)
  2. While the french toast is baking, prepare the caramel syrup. In a medium sauce pan melt the butter and add the brown sugar. After the sugar is completely dissolved, add the condensed milk and whisk until smooth.
  3. Add whipped cream and strawberries and get ready to eat the best breakfast :)

Bake 45 - 50 minutes at 350 degrees.  Serves 8
post signature
    
                  
      

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...